Electronic Press Kit
- Special for 'Unprotected Sets' airs this fall on Epix
- Featured in Teen Vogue
- Named 'Comic of the Week' by the Jackie & Laurie Show on Nerdist
- Big Sky Comedy Festival
- Bridgetown Comedy Festival
- Laughing Skull Comedy Festival
- SF Sketchfest
- Sirius XM
- Limestone Comedy Festival
- Hell Yes Fest
- Audible / Rooftop Comedy
- Treefort Music Festival - Comedyfort
- Beast Village Comedy Festival
- All Jane Comedy Festival (selected for IFC Comedy Road Tour Showcase)
- Top 1,000 Comedians of 2017, announced on JASH
- Portland Mercury's 2017 'Undisputable Geniuses of Comedy'
- 2017 Willamette Week Funniest Five
- Top 3 for Best Comedian in Willamette Week's 2017 'Best of Portland'
- Idaho Laugh Fest
- 208 Comedy Fest
- Golden Spike Comedy Festival ('Best of the Fest')
- Pickathon Festival
- Siren Nation Festival
- NW Women's Comedy Festival
- Hudson Valley Comedy Festival
- Synesthesia Festival
- Featured in Helium Comedy Club's 'Best of Portland'
- Finalist in the ‘Portland’s Funniest Person’ competition at Helium Comedy Club
- Paid Regular at Helium Comedy Club in Portland, OR
- Winner of the first 'Tonight's Funniest' Comedy Competition, 2015
- Former member of the Scared Scriptless Improv Comedy Troupe in Anchorage, Alaska
- Winner of the 1997 Alaska State Spelling Bee (no joke, look it up)
To the probable surprise of everyone she went to high school with, Becky Braunstein was recently featured in Teen Vogue, in an article insisting that each one of her life experiences "deserves [its] own television show". Called a “comedy tsunami”, an “audience favorite”, and “the best thing that’s ever come from Alaska… like, by far” by the Portland Mercury, Becky is a fast-rising standout performer with fresh energy and wide-eyed enthusiasm that is impossible to ignore. She grew up on a mountain in Eagle River, Alaska where she had no one to talk to, moved to Portland, Oregon after being diagnosed with metastatic thyroid cancer and almost losing her voice forever - but she didn’t lose it, and now she won’t shut up. Becky has performed at nearly every top comedy festival in the country, including the Big Sky Comedy Festival, Bridgetown Comedy Festival, SF Sketchfest, Laughing Skull Comedy Festival, All Jane Comedy Festival, Limestone Comedy Festival, the 208 Comedy Fest, Beast Village Comedy Festival, and many others. Her comedy has appeared on SiriusXM, IFC and Audible, and her first TV special for the new Epix series 'Unprotected Sets', produced by Wanda Sykes & Page Hurwitz premieres in October, 2018. Becky hosts a spectacular show called 'Becky with the Good Jokes', which has featured appearances by Matt Braunger, Pete Holmes, Jamie Lee, The Unipiper, Ian Karmel, Shane Mauss, Jenny Conlee from The Decemberists, and the mayor of Anchorage, Alaska. She competed in the National Spelling Bee in 1997, is about half fluent in German, and dreams of one day living in a house with central air.
Teen Vogue: An amazing article about me & the viral tweet thread about my weird life!
Deadline: Announcement of the Epix series I will be featured in, produced by Wanda Sykes & Page Hurwitz
Interview feature for the Willamette Week's 2017 Funniest Five issue
Splitsider: The Top 1,000 Comedians of 2017 List, announced on JASH
Willamette Week 'Get Busy' Featured Event, Cool Kids Deluxe Best-Of Show at the Doug Fir Mainstage
Feature story & Interview about 'Becky with the Good Jokes' on Good Day Oregon with Stephanie Kralevich
Feature on the Best of Portland Comedy for the Undisputable Geniuses of Comedy show, Portland Mercury
Results of 2017 Best of Portland (3rd place, Best Comedian) Announced, Willamette Week
Interview on Good Day Oregon on Fox KPTV about Portland's Funniest Person!
Shoutout in the Portland Mercury's Picks for Bridgetown Shows to See
Full Lineup of 2017 Bridgetown Comedy Festival Announced - PASTE Magazine
Coverage of the I Anonymous Show - Portland Mercury
The Portland Mercury announces the 2017 Bridgetown Comedy Festival Lineup
KGW News Live at the Square story about Curious Comedy Theater's New Years Eve Show, with featured clip
Featured post on TriMet's Instagram Roundup for November
Announcement of Top-5 Finalists in the Willamette Week's 2016 'Best of Portland' poll.
Article with featured interview about the All Jane Comedy Festival in The Oregonian
Article about the 2016 Notes of Hope benefit show in Vortex Music Magazine
Article about the Hudson Valley Comedy Festival in New York
Interview on KGW's Live at 7 from the Square with Jenny Conlee of The Decemberists, promoting the Notes of Hope benefit show, and talking about being a young adult performer with cancer:
Article and podcast appearance on Date Nights with Roscoe Myrick:
“Portland’s Funniest People Pick Portland’s Funniest Things”, a feature in the Willamette Week, 2015:
“Allison Does Standup” – an article featuring advice from Becky and several other comedians about performing comedy: